Sixth Form Admissions
The step-up from Key Stage 4 to Key Stage 5 study is often a challenging one. We provide students with a dedicated Year 12 transition programme so that their Year 12 journey is supported both academically and pastorally.
To empower all students to achieve their potential, Chiswick Sixth Form students can expect:
- A thorough entrance interview to ensure students are applying for suitable courses to maximise their success.
- A Year 11 induction day.
- Summer transition tasks to lay the foundations for study and demonstrate commitment to learning.
- A follow up enrolment interview on GCSE results day.
- An induction period during which students develop team work and study skills and meet their tutor, fellow tutees and the central sixth form team.
- An initial transition period at the end of which students are assessed and subject teachers report on their suitability for their chosen courses. Course changes may be implemented if students do not pass their transition phase.
- A dedicated form tutor and central pastoral support.
- A comprehensive enrichment programme.
- A clear system of behaviour and attendance expectations.
- High quality subject teaching.
- A Chiswick High Achievers Programme for potential Russell Group, Oxbridge, Medicine, Dentistry and Veterinary Science applicants.
- A supervised study area so that students make the most of their study periods.
- Formal assessment points after which a programme of subject, tutor and central sixth form team interventions are put into place, to address any underachievement.
- PPE examinations and a PPE results day to ensure students have a realistic experience of the formal examination process.
- Early introduction to university and employment progression routes to help students plan for their future.
If you have any questions about Year 12 Admissions in Chiswick Sixth Form do not hesitate to contact:
Ms Ward - firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms Emmett - email@example.com