14 Apr 2021
The Chiswick School PTA (Parent Teacher Association) works to support our children and build closer links between families and the school.
We do this by organising social and fundraising events - including the famous Chiswick Car Boot Sale; volunteering within school and running parents’ forums and other meetings.
Everyone in the Chiswick School community is welcome to come to meetings and volunteer at events.
In previous years, our wonderful Car Boot Team ran very successful monthly sales in the school grounds on the first Sunday of every month, except for January. These sales historically raised up to £80,000 a year for the school to spend on student enrichment activities such as trips, workshops, speakers and equipment. This year the Covid-19 measures have meant that Car Boot Sales have been on hold since March 2020. We all hope that they will be able to start again sometime next year.
The PTA has moved many of our activities online. We have increased the frequency of Parent Forums where Laura and members of her leadership team join families on Zoom to answer questions and discuss the school’s plans for the future. This year Parent Forums were held in March, May, July and November. We also ran a joyful and hotly contested virtual quiz in June and hope to run another one soon. At the start of the Autumn Term we set up WhatsApp groups for parents and carers from each year group to be able to share information, ask and answer questions and support each other. They have proved a useful addition to school life, especially when we cannot meet in person. If you wish to join one of these groups, the links are available at the bottom of this page. Please only post messages about Chiswick School and remember that you can mute notifications if they become too distracting!
We look forward to a time when we can return to volunteering in school and supporting events such as School Productions, the Summer Arts Fair and Winter Concert. In the meantime, we are looking for parents, particularly those who speak other languages, who might be able to support new members of our school community to settle in. If you think that might be you, or if you have any ideas for fundraising or other virtual events please do get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org
Best wishes from your PTA Committee,
Chair - Vernee Samuel
Treasurer - Rebbeca Hobson
Outgoing Secretary - Lesley Tulley
Incoming Secretary - Stavroula Ourailidou
Communications - Rhonda Qually
Car Boot Liaison - Lise Madsen
If you would like to join a group, please email email@example.com
Please click on the expandable sections below for further information.
PTA and Friends - Fundraising
Over the last four years, the PTA has raised over £250,000 through the magnificent Car Boot Sale, which is a huge undertaking and is made possible by numerous invaluable volunteers. The monies raised are intended to benefit all school departments and are allocated, after careful consideration & agreement, to bids received from school staff. The monies then either fully or partially fund projects, equipment and events to enrich the pupils’ experience at Chiswick School.
Below are some examples of what we have been able to fund and contribute to over the last few years:
- Football kit & pitch
- Lights for drama
- Science equipment
- Macs for Music
- Football pitch
- Photography equipment
- Laser cutters for D&T
- School musicals / concerts
- 3 Minibuses
- Sewing machines
- Theatre trips & workshops
- Biology, History and Geography local & residential trips (and equipment) every year
- Maths equipment
- Psychology trip
- South Africa trip (history)
- Philosophy A-level books
- Food tech equipment
- 6th form events
- Health & Social Care Careers events & trips
- Learning Support materials
- Languages department trips abroad (Latin/Rome, Spanish/Valencia, German/Rhine Valley, French/Paris)
- Music department Sound & technology equipment.... and so on!
As you can see, the funds raised by the PTA truly make a difference to the school!
The PTA is a registered charity and every parent/carer with a child at the school is a member of the PTA. The PTA committee is made up of a Chair, a Vice-Chair, a Secretary and a Treasurer and 2 further trustees (Chair: Amber In der Rieden, Secretary: Lesley Tulley, Treasurer: Frances Houseman) who all serve a term of three years and then stand down or stand for re-election.
Ways you can help to fund raise:
- Attend or volunteer at school events such as the Car Boot Sale, The Quiz Night, Summer Arts Fair, concerts and so on,
- Donate through your child’s Wisepay account - You will also be able to see your personal contribution to the PTA funds. If you ALREADY shop online, please use this site and tell your family, friends and business colleagues about it as well.
- Contribute to school events, eg by baking goodies for cake sales or providing other foods or goods, or by recommending possible sponsors, interested parties etc or offering skills / contacts / work experience that you have that could benefit the school and/or the students.
- Raise funds through the Easyfundraising App. You can join up (for free) by following the instructions: www.easyfundraising.org.uk/ . Click the link and select find a cause and under C you will find Chiswick School. You will then be prompted to register your details. This is a ‘one off’ registration, which will take about a minute to complete. It will provide you with a unique code which you will need whenever you use the site.
For further information regarding easyfundraising, please contact Frances Houseman, PTA Treasurer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Other questions can be sent to our Secretary at PTA@chiswickschool.org
Please click on the links below to view the PTA accounts information -
PTA Dates and Meeting Minutes
Please click on the link below to view a letter from the PTA including 2019/20 meeting dates and events -
Please click on the links below to view minutes from this year's meetings