27 May 2021
Chiswick students are well dressed and demonstrate pride in the school. We would like to take this opportunity, however, to clarify some of the uniform questions asked by parents.
School Uniform consists of:
- Blue blazer with Chiswick logo
- Tie – of the correct year group colour (5 double stripes must be seen)
- Sky blue long-sleeve shirt / short-sleeve shirt
- Grey trousers/Grey skirt - shorts in the summer when announced.
- Black, blue, grey, white or neutral socks/tights
- Black low heeled shoes (no trainers or boots)
- Plain dark outside jacket, coat with no logos or badges
- Chiswick School bag - Compulsory for all students Year 7-11
- Grey skirt for year 7 girls only.
Ties for 2021-22
- Current Year 7: navy + mustard stripes
- Current Year 8: navy + green stripes
- Current Year 9: navy + light blue stripes
- Current Year 10: navy + maroon stripes
- Current Year 11: navy + silver stripes
- ‘V’ neck pullover, sleeveless pullover, and cardigan – all navy blue with sky blue piping around the collar and school logo,
- Blue, black or grey hijab
If a student arrives in school with incorrect uniform, they will be expected to accept the offer of a correct uniform.
They may also be sent home to change into the correct dress. Trainers are only to be worn for PE unless we are provided with a doctor’s certificate giving a medical explanation.
- Hair: students are not allowed dyed, or multi-coloured hair or styles that are offensive e.g. shaved/partially shaved heads. No lines or slits in eyebrows or hair.
- Nails: Acrylic nails are not permitted and if they cannot be removed students may be sent home as these are a health and safety risk. No nail varnish is allowed on acrylic or normal nails.
- Piercings: students are allowed one set of small gold or silver studs on their earlobes ( no coloured gems or diamantes) ; no other piercings on ears or other bodyparts are permitted and students will be asked to remove them. If students refuse they may be placed in inclusion or sent home as these are a health and safety risk.
- Henna: henna on nails is not permitted. For celebrations during term time, patterns which can be covered with uniform are permitted.
- Jewellery: no jewellery may be worn in school with the exception of a watch and one plain set silver or gold in the ear lobe.
How to Purchase School Uniform
All uniform items can be bought from our preferred supplier, Sanco Schoolwear in Hounslow. Items of uniform can of course be bought from other retailers but please ensure that no items of clothing contravene the school uniform policy.
Despite the announcement for 19 July, we plan to continue with present Government guidance to maintain strict limits on the number of people in the store at one time, social distancing of 1m while inside and request customers to continue with face masks. Effectively it’s a “closed door policy”, with an online appointments system for parents/carers wishing to visit the store.
Hence, it is vital we (a) outline the ways parents/carers can obtain uniform and PE kit; and (b) convey the need to do it early. There are 2 ways they can kit out their child: -
Purchasing Online: sanco.co.uk
Parents/carers can order from our website 24/7. To do so, please share the following link with all new and existing parents/carers, which takes them directly to the Chiswick School page on our website: -
Visiting the Store
Alternatively, to visit the store they need to make an appointment. For this, please share the following link with all new and existing parents/carers, through which they can book a fitting appointment: -
The appointments are for 20 minutes. Our booking policy is on the website and gives parents all the details they need to visit us safely and seamlessly. Parents with appointments will be let in to the store at their scheduled time. Anyone without an appointment will be asked to queue and we will only be able to serve them if our maximum numbers permit, in between parents who do have an appointment.
Basic PE Kit (available from SWI only)
Girls and Boys
- T-shirt, blue with Chiswick logo
- Blue shorts
- Blue socks
- Trainers/Football boots
- Navy jogging pants
- Blue half zip (fleece) top with Chiswick logo
- Blue rugby style top
PE kit must be ordered through Sportswear International.