12 Feb 2024
Chiswick students are well dressed and demonstrate pride in the school. We would like to take this opportunity, however, to clarify some of the uniform questions asked by parents.
School Uniform Check
Blue blazer with Chiswick logo
Compulsory- must be worn at all times unless given permission by an adult to remove.
Of the correct year group and 5 double stripes must be seen
Sky blue long-sleeve shirt / short-sleeve shirt
Fully buttoned to the neck and tucked in to either trousers, skirts or shorts at all times
Grey trousers/Grey skirt/ Shorts
Skirts must be worn as designed, not rolled up and no more than a hand length above the knee.
Black, blue, grey, white or neutral socks/tights
Socks or tights should be worn, not both. No leg warmers or socks above the knees.
Black low heeled shoes
No trainers or boots.
Plain dark outside jacket
Jackets are for outdoor use only and should be removed before entering the building. Failure to do so will lead to confiscation.
Chiswick School bag
Compulsory for all students Year 7-11. Failure to have Chiswick Bag will result in students using a temporary bag until new one purchased
Ties for 2023-24
- Current Year 7: navy + maroon stripes
- Current Year 8: navy + silver stripes
- Current Year 9: navy + mustard stripes
- Current Year 10: navy + green stripes
- Current Year 11: navy + light blue stripes
- ‘V’ neck pullover, sleeveless pullover, and cardigan – all navy blue with sky blue piping around the collar and school logo,
- Blue, black or grey hijab
If a student arrives in school with incorrect uniform, they will be expected to accept the offer of a correct uniform.
They may also be sent home to change into the correct dress. Trainers are only to be worn for PE unless we are provided with a doctor’s certificate giving a medical explanation.
General Uniform Rules
- No dyed, or multi-coloured hair or styles that are offensive e.g. shaved/partially shaved heads.
- Painted or acrylic nails are not permitted.
- False eyelashes or heavy make up are not permitted.
- Henna: henna on nails is not permitted. For celebrations during term time, patterns which can be covered with uniform are permitted.
- Jewellery/ Piercings: no jewellery may be worn in school with the exception of a watch (which is not a SMART watch) and a pair of gold or silver plain studs.
- Eyebrow slits are not permitted. You will be sanctioned and asked to take responsibility for filling it in. Failure to do so will result in sanction escalation.
Summer Uniform Rules
Uniform remains the same all year round but in hot weather, blazers will become optional once instructed by the Headteacher.
How to Purchase School Uniform
All uniform items can be bought from our preferred supplier, Sanco Schoolwear in Hounslow. Non branded items of uniform can of course be bought from other retailers but please ensure that no items of clothing contravene the school uniform policy.
Ties can be purchased via Parentmail and collected from Student Services.
Purchasing uniform from Sanco Schoolwear can be done via their online platform, or by visiting the shop. Please allow plenty of time if purchasing at peak periods, ie before the beginning of a term.
Purchasing Online: sanco.co.uk
Parents/carers can order from the Sanco website 24/7. To do so, please visit the Chiswick School page on their website: -
Visiting the Store
Alternatively, to visit the store you will need to make an appointment. You can do so via the link below.
The appointments are for 10 or 20 minutes.
Second hand uniform sales are held termly at the school by the PTA. For more details email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Basic PE Kit (available from SWI only)
Girls and Boys
- T-shirt, blue with Chiswick logo
- Blue shorts
- Blue socks
- Trainers/Football boots
- Navy jogging pants
- Blue half zip (fleece) top with Chiswick logo
- Blue rugby style top
PE kit must be ordered through Sportswear International.