Eco Ethos Statement
Hi! Welcome to the Chiswick School Eco Team page.
Our Goal is to help make Chiswick School more eco friendly and sustainable; not just for us, but for our local environment in general.
Our targets for this year include:
- Implementing red recycling bins (plastic and cans)
- Stopping littering
- Planting more trees/plants
- Creating places for friendly critters to live, including bird boxes
- Saving electricity across the school
Chiswick School is working towards creating an environmentally friendly experience for all students. Have a look through this page to see what we have done/are doing!
Written by Demi, Rosa and Sofia. Signed by the rest of our Y9 team.
Summary of Eco-Team activities
- Working with KS3 students at the allotment, developing practical skills such as gardening, building and teamwork; whilst learning about agriculture and environmental science
- Giving badges to recognise student’s pro-environmental initiative
- Meeting with SLT to share student views on environmental issues
- Performing a student-led Environmental Review of our school, developing an Action Plan to improve our environmental impact
- Holding Committee meetings where students, staff members, parents and governors are invited to attend
- Writing articles for the school newsletter promoting environmentalism and showing the school our progress
- Participating in events, such as a Model UN Climate Conference and pollution monitor construction
- Promoting nationwide environmental events such as no-car day
- Acquiring new resources for the school such as recycling bins for classrooms and larger red recycling bins (thanks to the PTA).
Links to our work