At an event hosted at Chiswick School today (14th September), Sainsbury’s, the first ever Paralympic Games-only
sponsorannounced its legacy plans.
- The Active Kids For All scheme was launched by Sainsbury’s CEO
- Justin King and is a ground-breakinginclusive PE training programme for teachers. It aims to ensure the inclusion of disabled children in PE and sport within mainstream schools by training PE teachers around the country. Alongside this, a new partnership with Sport England will ensure the inclusion of disabled people in community sport in local clubs and associations.
- As well as inspiring the next generation, Justin King alsoannounced thatSainsbury’s will be extending its sponsorship of the British ParalympicAssociation to help build on their success in 2012 andsupport themall the way to Rio.
- Finally, the retailer has announced that it will also continueto sponsor and the School Games through to 2015, helping thousands of school children to get involved in competitive sports.
In attendance at the event were double London 2012 Paralympic Gold Medallist Ellie Simmonds (MBE), Justin King, CEO Sainsbury's, Chris Holmes, Head of Paralympic Inclusivity at LOCOG and Tim Hollingsworth, Chief Executive of the British Paralympic Association
The guests attended a school assembly where Ellie made a special appearance talking about her experiences at the London 2012 Paralympic
Games and answered pupils’ questions.
After the assembly, guests joined in with pupils in an inclusive PE lesson, which showcased some of the activities that will be
replicated throughout schools under the Active Kids For All scheme.
Year 11 Students InfoPosted: 23/05/13
Year 11 pupils will be dismissed for study leave tomorrow during period 2.
I would like to take this one last opportunity to wish you the very best of luck during your exam period, you really are the best year group ever and I am sure that in August we will be celebrating the most outstanding results this school has ever achieved. That is all down to your consistent hard work, dedication and utter motivation, very well done.
In order for us to celebrate your success we have lined up a number of ways to celebrate:
1. The Leavers Assembly – 1st July 2013, time to be confirmed. Dress code, smart.
2. The Prom! 5th July 2013 – deadline for payment Friday 24th May ( places are running out fast...)
3. The Year book – delivery date – Results day, you will be able to look back on all your memories all the way through to the Prom and Leavers assembly. Price - £15 Payments, cash / cheque / Wisepay. Please address the envelope appropriately. Money due 10th June
Please check the website for updates regarding timing for the upcoming events.
From me, and the whole Year 11 team, good luck and revise well.
Learning Coordinator Year 11
GAS LEAK FIXED - SCHOOL RE-OPENS AT NORMAL TIME TOMORROWPosted: 22/05/13
School open as normal tomorrowPosted: 22/05/13
Appropriate tests have now been carried out and the building has been passed fit again, so will thus re-open again at normal time tomorrow morning.
Gas Leak - Important AnnouncementPosted: 22/05/13
We regret to inform you that there has been a gas leak at school this morning and this is now under control. There is no danger, however, the building cannot be checked for safety for 2-3 hours, so as a precaution we are sending students home. We have been unable to telephone or print a letter as we are unable to access the building. Update
The Prom – PaymentsPosted: 14/05/13
Dear parent / carer,
Please be advised that you can pay for the prom on Wisepay, by cash or cheque.
For any questions on payment, please contact the main office.
The payment deadline has now been extended until May24th 2013.
You can subscribe to a feed of the latest news items, using the link below. Subscribing to this news feed is free and will keep you upto date with the latest news stories that have been posted. You can view more information about how establishments like the BBC use RSS feeds for their content.
To subscribe to this feed simply right-click on the link below, click "copy shortcut" and then paste the URL into your feed reader software.