Religious Studies - KS5
In Year 12 and 13 Students have the opportunity to take an A level in RS Philosophy
and Ethics. We follow the AQA specification and each member of staff takes
responsibility for teacher a particular unit, i.e. Philosophy or Ethics.
Units of work Covered
Unit 1C- Philosophy of Religion
• Cosmological argument
• Post Modernism and Atheism
• Psychology and Religion
Unit 1A- Religion and Ethics 1
• Situational Ethics
• Abortion and Euthanasia
Unit 3B- Philosophy of Religion
• Ontological argument and the relationship between faith and reason
• Body, Soul and Personal Identity
• The Problem of Evil
Unit 4C- Ways of Moral decision making- with a focus on business ethics
• Moral management of national economies (macro).
• The moral management of individual companies (micro), ethical investment.
• The developed economies versus the third world developing economies.
• Approaches to emerging economies, including China and India
Regular essays in class
AS- 2 exams- one in each unit:
Each unit is 50% of AS, 25% of A Level
Each unit is a 1 hour 15 minute written examination
A2- 2 exams- one in each unit:
Each unit is 25% of A Level
Each unit is 1 hour 30 minutes written examination
Spec online @ http://store.aqa.org.uk/qual/gce/pdf/AQA-2060-W-SP.PDF